Star Wars: Ashes of the Old Republic
A former Jedi Padawan who specializes in medicine, Nü el'Kah the Gand steadfastly refuses to use lethal force against living beings.
CHARACTER SHEET FRONT
Character Name: Nü el’Kah (known commonly as “Gand”)
Specialization Trees: Doctor, Force Sensitive Exile (Force Rating 1)
Soak Value: 3 / Wound Threshold: 12 / Strain Threshold: 15 / Defense: 0
Brawn: 2 / Agility: 2 / Intellect: 3 / Cunning: 2 / Willpower: 3 / Presence: 3
Charm (career) rank 0
Cool (career) rank 1
Deception (career) rank 1
Discipline (non-career) rank 1
Leadership (career) rank 0
Medicine (career) rank 2
Negotiation (career) rank 0
Perception (career) rank 0
Resilience (career) rank 0
Streetwise (career) rank 0
Core Worlds (career) rank 1
Education (career) rank 1
Lore (career) rank 1
Blaster Carbine / Ranged (Heavy) / Dam 9 / Range Medium / Crit 3 / Stun setting
Holdout Blaster / Ranged (Light) / Dam 5 / Range Short / Crit 4 / Stun setting
Bola x2 / Ranged (Light) / Dam 1 / Range Short / Crit – / Ensnare 3, Knockdown, Limited Ammo 2
Total XP: 292 (Gand with respirator: 110 + extra obligation: 10 + Core Rulebook ownership: 10 + Act I XP: 87 + Act II XP: 75)
Available XP: 2 (292 – 20 [Presence upgrade to 2] = 272 – 30 [Presence upgrade to 3] = 242 – 30 [Intellect upgrade to 3] = 212 – 20 [Force Sensitive Exile tree] = 192 – 5 [Grit talent] = 187 – 5 [Surgeon talent] = 182 – 5 [Uncanny Reactions talent] = 177 – 5 [Uncanny Senses talent] = 172 – 10 [Medicine rank to 2] = 162 – 10 [Convincing Demeanor talent] = 152 – 15 [Sense Danger talent] = 137 – 10 [Quick Draw talent] = 127 – 15 [Touch of Fate talent] = 112 – 5 [Resolve talent] = 107 – 10 [Stim Application talent] = 97 – 10 [Surgeon talent (second rank)] = 87 – 5 [Insight talent] = 82 – 5 [Forager talent] = 77 – 5 [Bacta Specialist talent] = 72 – 10 [Grit talent (second rank)] = 62 – 10 [Resolve (second rank)] = 52 – 15 [Surgeon talent (third rank)] = 37 – 15 [Pressure Point talent] = 22 – 10 [Force Power Tree: Sense Basic Power] = 12 – 10 [Force Power Tree: Influence Basic Power] = 2 remaining.
CHARACTER SHEET BACK
Religion cause (i.e. Jedi)
1. Type: Oath / Magnitude: 5 (i.e. Jedi)
2. Type: Bounty / Magnitude: 10 (i.e. Nü el’Kah does not know why there is a bounty on him and fears someone may know he’s a former Padawan or might be pursuing some vendetta against his former master)
3. Group’s Contribution Rank: TBD
Weapons & Armor: Blaster Carbine, Holdout Blaster, Bola x2, Heavy Clothing
Personal Gear: Comlink (handheld), Emergency Medpac, Stimpack, Binders, Lightsaber (unfinished), Utility Belt
Credits: 500 credit budget – 200 (Holdout Blaster) = 300 – 60 (Bola/Net x3) = 240 – 50 (Heavy Clothing) = 190 – 25 (Comlink handheld) = 165 – 100 (Emergency Medpac) = 65 – 25 (Stimpack) = 40 – 25 (Binders) = 15 + 82 pocket money = 97 + 5,600 (Act I/II earnings) = 5,697 – 1,723 (ship upgrades) = 3,974 credits.
Encumbrance: 7 threshold – 3 (Blaster Carbine) = 4 – 1 (Holdout Blaster) = 3 – 1 (Bola x2) = 2 – 1 (Heavy Clothing) = 1 – 1 (Emergency Medpac) = 0 – 1 (Lightsaber) = [-1] + 1 (Utility Belt) = 0 available.
Talents and Special Abilities…
01. Bacta Specialist (page 132) regain +1 wound while recovering in Bacta or long-term care.
02. Convincing Demeanor (page 133) remove [black] from Deceit or Skullduggery checks.
03. Forager (page 135) remove [2 black] from checks to find food, water or shelter.
04. Grit 2nd rank (page 136) increases strain threshold +2.
05. Insight (page 137) make Perception and Discipline career skills.
06. Pressure Point (page 141) deal brawl damage as strain, plus strain equal to Medicine ranks.
07. Quick Draw (page 141) draw/holster a weapon/item as incidental (once per round).
08. Resolve 2nd rank (page 142) suffer 2 less strain to minimum of 1.
09. Sense Danger (page 142) remove [2 black] from any one check (once per session).
10. Stim Application (page 143) temporarily increase one characteristic (see full).
11. Surgeon 3rd rank (page 144) heals +3 wounds on Medicine checks.
12. Touch of Fate (page 145) add [2 blue] to any one check (once per session).
13. Uncanny Reactions (page 145) add [blue] to all Vigilance checks.
14. Uncanny Senses (page 145) adds [blue] to all Perception checks.
15. Force Power Sense (page 280) — Basic Power only
16. Force Power Influence (page 282) — Basic Power only
See the Bio field for Character Description.
Age: 37 standard years (equivalent of early 20s in Gand lifespan)
Notable Features: Must wear respirator at all times when outside ammonia atmospheres.
Nü el’Kah, a former Jedi Padawan, was born on Gand (map grid T-8). His family has a long history of practicing medicine, regarding the profession as seriously as most Gand look upon the “findsmen” tracking tradition. The value of life and the inherent goodness of helping others were among his first learnings, and these remain fundamental beliefs for Nü.
As the first person in his family known to be Force sensitive, Nü was surprised when he learned he would be taken to Coruscant to begin his training. He was reluctant to leave his family and homeworld, but also understood the importance of his calling. To help ease his transition and address a growing need within the Jedi Order, Nü was allowed as a youngling early exposure to Jedi medical techniques. While this exception helped him excel in medicine, it came at the cost of Nü downplaying the importance of his combat skills. When he became a Padawan at age 16, Nü’s master was especially surprised that such unbalanced training had been allowed at a time when the Republic was at war.
For the year that Nü studied under his master, support roles became common for him. His master emphasized to Nü the need for combat skills — and Nü’s skills were advancing under his master’s tutelage — but Nü’s direct combat exposure was nonetheless limited. He was more frequently found in roles involving his intellect.
In the chaos of Order 66 and the Jedi purges that followed, Nü lost not only his master and his lightsaber, but the only life he’d ever known. Nü dared not return to Gand once it fell under Imperial control, leaving him a wanderer. Over time, he came to consider himself an exile, adopting the guise of a colonist and regularly moving from world to world, often presenting himself as a doctor for hire. It was not uncommon, though, for Nü to serve pro bono on refugee ships or otherwise help the destitute. This altruistic approach was one the few ways he felt he could honor his Jedi teachings.
Nü has quietly hoped for years the Empire might fall, dreaming of a day when Jedi might again bring peace and democracy to the galaxy. (In perhaps the only tangible acknowledgement of these aspirations, Nü has slowly and secretly been trying to create a new lightsaber.) But these notions seem so infeasible as an Empire so mighty continues to grow…